2013 Oconto Tournament Schedule
“Pro Partner Draw” — Oconto, WI
Pre-tournament “prefishing” ends at noon Wednesday, July 17th (the day preceding the event.)
Rules meeting and pre-tournament activities: Wednesday, July 17, 2012.
2:00-4:00 p.m. — Registration at the Bond Community Center (1201 Park Ave, Oconto, WI)
4:00-5:00 p.m. — Orientation for Co-anglers and 1st time AIM™ Pro anglers.
5:00-6:00 p.m. — Dinner for tournament anglers
6:00 p.m. — Rules meeting for all participants.
- Review of current events, CRR, locations and timetable for event.
- Assign boat numbers and rulers to the Pro Teams.
- Announce all three days pairings. Pro Teams and Co-anglers meet to coordinate schedules.
*Registration and rules meeting are mandatory for both Pro Teams and Co-anglers. Failure to attend will result in disqualification and forfeiture of entry fees. Pro Teams who have not registered before the end of the registration period at 4 p.m. will forfeit their day one and day two starting positions and will be placed at the end of the take-off order on both days.
Daily schedule: Thursday July 18 through Saturday July 20, 2012.
Pre take-off activity: Breakwater Park.
5:45 - 7:00 a.m. — Boat check/launch. Each boat receives the official score cards and blank SD camera memory card. Fill in names on score card!!
The morning launch period will also be the opportunity to conduct interviews and take photos and videos of the competitors. ALL boats must make themselves available for these purposes or forfeit their take-off position and be placed at the end of the take-off line.
7:15 a.m. — National Anthem, final instructions, and roll call (tune radio to Channel 72)
7:30 a.m.— Day One; 1st third of field to launch first, first flight to leave, first to go across stage.
Day Two; 2nd third of field to launch first, first flight to leave, first to go across stage.
Day Three; 3rd third of field to launch first, first flight to leave, first to go across stage.
4:00 p.m. — Check-in for ALL boats (tune radio to Channel 72)
*ALL boats must complete check-in.
Boats must be off-plane and in line at the official check-in point at the appointed time. Boats that are late will forfeit ALL credit for the day’s catch.
- All anglers sign the official score card, verifying that the catch was recorded properly and the co-angler participation was appropriate. EACH angler must sign the score card. Failure to sign the card by a Pro or the Co will indicate that the tournament director will review catch lengths and/or co-angler participation with the Pro, his partner and the co-angler.
- The Pro determines which fish the boat will “weigh”. The Pro checks the official score card to mark the SEVEN (7) fish to be converted from length to weight.
- Put the SD card in the small plastic bag. Put the SD card and Score Cards into the large plastic bag. Turn in the large plastic bag at designated hand-off area. On day 3 the official AIM ruler and boat board should also be turned in.
- Proceed to loading areas. Note: On day 2 please allow the parade participants to load first.
- Park your tow vehicle and boat and be ready and in line-up position by 5:00. The Pro, their Partner and their Co-angler for the day will walk across the stage together.
Weigh-in: Breakwater Park **ALL teams (Pro’s and Co’s) will participate in the weigh-in, even if they do not have fish.
5:15 p.m. — Weigh-in show starts at 5:15.
Pro is responsible for having their Partner and co-angler ready and lined up in that days take-off order in the designated staging area.
- AIM™ officials “score” the fish that are being “weighed”. The lengths on the score card are compared to the designated photos for confirmation. The length of each selected fish is converted to weight using a standardized formula.
- The best “hero” photos are displayed on the large TV monitors (and live-streamed on www.aimfishing.com) as the anglers are called on stage and interviewed.
- The Emcee will provide the anglers with their day’s weight, their total weight and current standing.
- Final results are posted to the leader board at www.aimfishing.com.
Click here for the Oconto Tournament Fact Sheet