Anglers Insight Marketing LLC (AIM™) is pleased to announce more details regarding the upcoming season of the AIM Weekend Walleye Series (AWWS) tournament circuit.
Following up on the success of the inaugural AWWS season, the 2015 AIM Weekend Walleye Series will include a new Great Lakes Division and increased payouts. Anglers will compete in three Divisions including Minnesota, Wisconsin, and the Great Lakes Region. Each Division will consist of four AWWS Qualifier events and a Divisional Championship.
The AWWS features exciting team style competition with low entry fees, lucrative payouts, and fair competition for all contestants. These events showcase AIM’s revolutionary Catch-Record-Release™ (CRR) tournament format where anglers measure, photograph, and immediately release all walleyes caught.
Schedule of Events- AWWS Divisional Qualifiers*
Minnesota Division AWWS Qualifiers
- May 17th – Mississippi River pools 2-3-4, Hastings, MN
- June 21st – Lac Qui Parle, Monte Video, MN
- July 12th – Leech Lake, Walker, MN
- July 26th – Mille Lacs Lake, Aitkin, MN
Wisconsin Division AWWS Qualifiers
- April 26th – Wolf River Chain of Lakes, Winneconne, WI
- May 17th – Bay of Green Bay, Green Bay, WI
- June 28th – Petenwell Flowage, Arkdale, WI
- July 19th – Lake Winnebago, Menasha, WI
Great Lakes Region AWWS Qualifiers
- April 19th – Detroit River, Brownstown, MI
- May 3rd – Lake Erie, Port Clinton, OH
- June 7th – Saginaw Bay, Linwood, MI
- June 28th – Lake Erie, Lorain, OH
Entry Fees and Payouts – Divisional Qualifiers
- $300 Team Entry Fee for State Qualifiers
- $35 AIM Angler Membership Fee (per angler)
- Qualifier Payouts are based on 100 boats and will be adjusted accordingly to reflect actual field size
Navionics “Big Fish Thursday” Award
The team catching the largest fish in each AWWS Qualifier event will be awarded a Navionics Platinum chip. The winners will be announced and a “Hero Shot” photo of the winning fish will be released on Navionics “Big Fish Thursday’s” following each AWWS event.
Schedule of Events- AWWS Divisional Championships**
Minnesota AWWS Championship
- August 28th-29th – Lake Winnibigoshish
Wisconsin AWWS Championship
- August 21st-22nd – Bay of Green Bay
Great Lakes Region AWWS Championship
- August 14-15th – *Site to be Determined
Entry Fees and Payouts – AWWS Divisional Championships
- $500 Team Entry Fee for Championships
- Championship Payouts are based on 80 boats, and will be adjusted accordingly to reflect actual field size
Schedule of Events – 2016 AIM Boat Shootout
- Spring of 2016 (Location TBD)
- Teams finishing in the “Top 5” in the each Divisional Championship, as well each Divisions “Top 5” Teams in points in the “Team of the Year” race will qualify to fish in the 2016 AIM Boat Shootout
- Ten qualifying teams from each AWWS Division will fish for a NO ENTRY FEE chance to win a brand new Warrior 1898 DC powered by a 150 HP Yamaha outboard.
*TOURNAMENT REGISTRATION WILL OPEN February 1st, 2015!
**Must qualify to enter Divisional Championships
Anglers Insight Marketing LLC (AIM™) is a unique tournament organization created and owned by many of the most accomplished and recognizable professional walleye anglers, along with others who share the mission of advancing competitive walleye fishing and making it sustainable into the future. AIM is committed to marketing excellence on behalf of its tournament competitors, the tournament host communities, and the brands that partner with it. AIM is also committed to maintaining healthy fisheries across the nation by the development of the exclusive AIM Catch-Record-Release™ format which is integral to its dynamic events and unparalleled consumer engagement. For more information about AIM™, AIM Pro Walleye Series™, AIM Weekend Walleye Series, AIM sponsors and AIM anglers, visit www.aimfishing.com.
AIM Marketing Partners: Yamaha Marine, Warrior Boats, Nitro Boats, Mercury Marine, Amsoil, Navionics, Powertran, Power Pole, Worldwide Marine Insurance, Off Shore Tackle, Team Lodge, National Fleet Graphics, Gemini Sport Marketing, The City of Oconto